Ten common mistakes to avoid while learning beginner guitar songs
If you have decided to play the guitar, then it’s high time you realize some things. You will make mistakes, and there is no way you can entirely avoid it. But the brighter side is that those mistakes will teach you to play better music eventually. When you train yourself to play guitar, remember one thing that no two experiences will be the same. So take it slow and check your progress, especially for someone who is starting at it, the key is to be patient with yourself. However, some professional tips will help you navigate your way through the learning journey and ease some of the difficulties.
- The most common mistake that beginners do while learning to play guitar is putting too much effort. The act of playing the guitar should not be necessary for being physically strenuous. If you are experiencing that guitar practice is making you tired and exhausted within minutes and your fingers are hurting quickly, then the chances are that you are doing it wrong. The fingers must be placed on the fret wire towards the guitar's body. This will ensure the least pressure and more precise sound.
- If you want to learn guitar fast, then it’s time that you get a professional setup. It will help tremendously in playing the instrument better and with much clearer sounds. The effort will be reduced, and you will not get tired quickly. The first setup is suggested to be done by a professional.
- If you think that you can play a song 100% accurate at first attempt, then it cannot be any further from the truth. Try to go slow and imitate small parts at first. It may not sound the same, but with practice, only the mistakes can be rectified. The technique is essential to perfect as the song will eventually fall in place.
- Practice with a metronome will help to slow down the practice at a sufficient pace. It will give you a clear idea of the progress while practicing. A natural sense of rhythm will also be built within you.
- Avoid practicing with too many effects like reverbs and delay pedals. If you are a beginner, then these effects can cover up your sloppy technique and mistakes. They will in no way help you grow and develop your skill, which should be your main agenda.
- If you are teaching yourself how to play guitar, then practice is the key. Your practice sessions must be consistent, as playing guitar will require complex motor skills. This can only be attained through regular repetitions. Learn about music theory, which will not only help in making better music but also creating better music. Most people avoid it because it can be too technical and boring, but if you are serious about making music, then it should not be neglected.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Don’t push your limits and learn too much at once. Be motivated and learn one thing at a time.
- If you are interested to learn beginner guitar songs, then it’s better not to limit your musical tastes. Every form of music will teach you something more about the art of guitar playing. So dabble in all sorts of music that fancies you, and you can eventually find your type.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and be caught up in perfection. The result will be you can get disappointed in yourself and won’t be able to focus correctly. Give yourself the freedom to be casual about the playing sessions. Otherwise, too much tension can cause rigidity in the body, and the fluidity of movements will be obstructed.
- Lastly, enjoy whatever song you have chosen to play. Make it a part of you and connect with it. You have to feel the music to emulate it.
It is very easy to develop bad habits unknowingly while learning anything new. These habits need to be broken early on so that the progress can be productive and not painfully slow. It is very easy to be discouraged, but being consistent will help you be better at it.
Publish Date: 20 Nov, 2019
- How to Play Guitar Chords with Right Finger Placement
- Tips on how to learn to play guitar for beginners
- Learn easy - How to play guitar chords for beginners
- Ten common mistakes to avoid while learning beginner guitar songs
- How to Play Guitar Chords - Beginners Guide
- Can you teach yourself Guitar without attending physical classes?
- Tips for easy guitar strumming
- 3 secrets to Easy Barre Chords
- How to play guitar for beginners- Changing Strings
- Top Easy Guitar Lessons For Beginners
- Guitar lessons for beginners
- Best way to learn guitar Online with magic tricks and tips
- Easy beginner guitar songs to get started
- Some Important Things you need to know Before Buy Video Guitar Lessons
- Some reason you need to know - Why the acoustic guitar is better than the electric guitar
- Top five branded Acoustic Guitar (Updated-2019)
- Do you think Online Guitar Learning is helpful?
- How can I Learn Guitar Online ?
- How to take your guitar class to a whole new level (Guitar Lessons 2019)
- Top 7 Websites for Online Guitar Learning
- How To Face Muting String Error During Chord Playing
- Get the Ultimate Guide On Guitar Chord Progression
- These 7 Basic techniques for Guitar Chords should know every beginners
- In What Way You Can Soundproof Your Room For Music Recording
- Tricks Of How To Play Acoustic Guitar - For Beginners
- Effective Tips About Guitar Playing For The Beginners
- Why is learning Barre Chords important?
- Do you think Online Guitar Learning is helpful
- some Important things you should know Before Taking Video Guitar Lessons
- Some Important Things you need to know Before Taking Video Guitar Lessons