Learn easy - How to play guitar chords for beginners
When you first start to teach yourself to play guitar, one of the many challenges you might face is how to play guitar chords. They are essential to learning as they will provide the fundamentals to create your music. If you are someone who is trying to pursue a career in a guitar, then learning about chords is crucial. Learning about chords might seem difficult at first, but it will become more comfortable soon. It’s like playing with notes, but all of them have to be played at once.
Basic rules to be familiar with the chords for beginners
Learn about the strings
- The best way to teach yourself to play chords is to let your fingers be familiar with the strings of the instrument. It can be achieved through consistent practice. The strings on the guitar are numbered like-
- The strings are numbered vertically from 1 through 6. It goes from highest pitch to the lowest pitch
- The numbering is done horizontally based on the position of frets
- It should be noted that when the directions say that the first finger has to be on the 3rd fret, it means that the finger has to be placed between 2nd and 3rd fret. The string itself has to be in contact with the third fret.
Number your fingers
For a beginner, the easiest way will be to imagine numbers stamped on the fingers to learn how to play guitar chords. The thumb will not be used for the chords; hence, the numbering of the fingers will be done as one for the index finger, two for the middle finger, three for the ring finger, and four for the pinky finger.
- Learn the C chord. The first chord that the beginners have to make them familiar with is the C chord. It is one of the most fundamental chords used in music. It is the first guitar chords for beginners to learn a chord, no matter for what instrument it is being played for can be described as three or more notes that are sounded together. Two notes are known as diad, and while they are not a chord, but are musically useful.
- The beginners have to deal with only three notes, but there are far more notes to be dealt with. The C chord looks like this on the guitar
- The lowest note belongs to the 3rd fret. It is on the A string called C
- The next note up has to be played on the 2nd fret. It belongs to the D string: E
- The finger doesn’t have to be placed on the G string. While strumming C, the string has to be remained open.
- The highest note up is to be played on the 1st fret. It belongs to the B string
- The lowest and the highest strings are not played on the guitar for the basic C major chord.
Try it out of the notes.
Each note in the chord has to be played one at a time from low to high. The beginners have to be deliberate and take their time. This is how you can teach yourself to teach guitar. The fingers have to be pressed down firmly on the fret, and the string has to be plucked. The note has to be rung for as long as possible. Then it can be moved to the next note.
- To play the C note, the 3rd finger has to be pressed onto the 3rd fret of the A string. It has to be plucked until the sound fades out.
- On the 2nd fret of the D string, the second finger has to be pressed. Then the E has to be played using the pluck and ring action
- To break time only unfingered G string has to be plucked open
- The C note can be made to sound aloud by pressing the first finger on the 1 st fret of the B string
- The notes have to be played one at a time, and when the learner is ready then the fingers can be swiped across all the middle four strings quickly
- One word of caution for the beginners is that they might feel a stinging sensation at first and develop calluses while learning how to play guitar chords. But it will go away eventually.
Guitar chords for beginners are easy to comprehend with the right guide. With practice and dedication and a little tip, the chords will eventually become easier for the beginners.
Publish Date: 29 Nov, 2019
- How to Play Guitar Chords with Right Finger Placement
- Tips on how to learn to play guitar for beginners
- Learn easy - How to play guitar chords for beginners
- Ten common mistakes to avoid while learning beginner guitar songs
- How to Play Guitar Chords - Beginners Guide
- Can you teach yourself Guitar without attending physical classes?
- Tips for easy guitar strumming
- 3 secrets to Easy Barre Chords
- How to play guitar for beginners- Changing Strings
- Top Easy Guitar Lessons For Beginners
- Guitar lessons for beginners
- Best way to learn guitar Online with magic tricks and tips
- Easy beginner guitar songs to get started
- Some Important Things you need to know Before Buy Video Guitar Lessons
- Some reason you need to know - Why the acoustic guitar is better than the electric guitar
- Top five branded Acoustic Guitar (Updated-2019)
- Do you think Online Guitar Learning is helpful?
- How can I Learn Guitar Online ?
- How to take your guitar class to a whole new level (Guitar Lessons 2019)
- Top 7 Websites for Online Guitar Learning
- How To Face Muting String Error During Chord Playing
- Get the Ultimate Guide On Guitar Chord Progression
- These 7 Basic techniques for Guitar Chords should know every beginners
- In What Way You Can Soundproof Your Room For Music Recording
- Tricks Of How To Play Acoustic Guitar - For Beginners
- Effective Tips About Guitar Playing For The Beginners
- Why is learning Barre Chords important?
- Do you think Online Guitar Learning is helpful
- some Important things you should know Before Taking Video Guitar Lessons
- Some Important Things you need to know Before Taking Video Guitar Lessons